Yesterday, Nintendo held its first Nintendo Direct of 2019. During the 35-minute presentation, the company unveiled quite a few games, as well as the release windows for some future Switch titles.
There were also new details on Fire Emblem: Three Houses, and the surprise unveiling of a Zelda remake.
Here is a quick recap of the announcements from the direct.
- Super Mario Maker 2 was revealed and is planned for release in June 2019.
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 was revealed, confirmed to have online co-op and launch this summer.
- The 3.0 Update for Super Smash Bros Ultimate is planned for this spring, with the Persona 5 DLC pack coming before April.
- BoxBoy + BoxGirl was revealed. The game features 270 stages and two-player co-op.
- Captain Toad Treasure Tracker for Switch received an update that adds co-op; paid DLC is coming that adds 18 courses. A pre-purchase is available today that gives early access to one of the DLC stages.
- Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is scheduled to release this summer.
- Dragon Quest Builders 2 is set to release July 12.
- Dragon Quest XI S: Definitive Edition is set to release this fall.
- Disney Tsum Tsum Festival was announced; it is scheduled for release later this year.
- Chocobo’s Mystery Dungeon: EVERY BUDDY! is set to release in March.
- Starlink Battle for Atlas‘ next update will introduce Star Wolf squad and the rest of the team to Star Fox, Falco, Peppy, and Slippy.
- A Rune Factory 4 remake for Switch was announced.
- Rune Factory 5 was revealed to be in development.
- Oninaki, an action RPG from Square Enix, was announced; it is set to release this summer.
- A Yoshi’s Crafted World demo is available now; the game is set to release March 29.
- Fire Emblem Three Houses is set to release July 26.
- Tetris 99 is available to download now. The game is a free-to-play battle royale where 99 players compete for supremacy.
- Dead By Daylight is planned for release this fall.
- Deltarune Chapter 1 is set for release for free on February 28.
- A Daemon x Machina demo is available now; some participants will be sent surveys to give feedback on the game, which is set to launch this summer.
- GRID Autosport is set to come to Switch this summer; the release will include all DLC.
- Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice is set to release on the Switch this spring.
- Mortal Kombat 11 is set to release on April 12.
- Unraveled 2 is set to release o nMarch 23.
- Assassin’s Creed 3 Remastered was announced; the release also includes the game Assassin’s Creed Liberation; it is set to release on May 21.
- Final Fantasy VII is set to release on the Switch on March 29.
- Final Fantasy IX is now available on the Switch eShop.
- Astral Chain, a new Action game by Platinum Games, is set to release August 30.
- A remake of the Game Boy classic, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening, is due out later this year.
The latest Nintendo Direct provided a solid layout of the releases coming in spring and summer 2019.
However, notably absent were a few titles that are scheduled for this year, like the new Pokemon RPG for Switch, Luigi’s Mansion 3, and the new Animal Crossing. There were also no games announced for the Nintendo 3DS.
It is very likely that further details for these games will be announced later this year at Nintendo’s E3 2019 presentation.