Today the Pokémon Company posted a new video that reveals new information for the upcoming games Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. Among the biggest reveals are several new Pokémon, new Gym Leaders and characters, and confirming the rumored Gigantamaxing features, in which some Pokémon not only enlarge but change forms similar to the Mega Evolution feature in previous games.
Detailed below are the major reveals from the trailer:
– Alcremie: A Fairy-type with the ability Sweet Veil.
– Yamper was re-introduced.
– Rolycoly: A Rock-type that has the abilities Steam Engine and Heatproof
– Duraludon a Steel/Dragon-type with the abilities Light Metal and Heavy Metal
– Chairman Rose, who is the chairman of the Galar Pokémon League, and owner of a business conglomerate
– Oleana, who is Chairman Rose’s secretary and VP of his conglomerate
For the first time since Pokémon Black and White, Sword and Shield introduce version-exclusive Gym Leaders.
– Fighting-type Gym Leader Bea who is seen using Hitmontop, she is exclusive to Sword Version
– Ghost-type Gym Leader Allister who uses Mimikyu, he is Exclusive to Shield Version
The trailer then goes on to reveal the Gigantamaxing feature, showing the Gigantamax forms of Alcremie, Drednaw, Corviknight. On the official website it is revealed that not all Pokémon of a species are capable of Gigantamaxing, and the ones that can are rare, and can only be caught through max raid battles.
Gigantamaxed each Pokémon gains a new powered up move, similar to a Z-move, called a G-Max Move these moves are powerful and have strong secondary effects.
– A water move on Gigantamaxed Drednaw becomes G-Max Stonesurge, which deals damage and sets up Stealth Rocks at the same time.
– A Flying move on Gigantamaxed Corviknight become G-Max Windrage, which deals damage and blows away screens like Reflect and Light Screen, the terrain move Electric Terrain, and entry hazard moves like Spikes and Toxic Spikes.
– A Fairy move on Gigantamaxed Alcremie becomes G-Mac Finale, a move that deals damage and heals all Pokémon on Alcremie’s side of the field.
With the games releasing in November, it is a certainty that there will be more game updates in the coming months leading up to release.